Cancun is one of the best shopping destinations in the world; it has countless boutique stores, malls of every kind, and plenty of open air markets to enjoy. In this city alone you can find a huge selection of artisan products, fine jewellery, European goods, tequilas, and designer clothing as well as a few unique items. Popular brands to be found here include Gucci, Cartier, Bally, Ralph Lauren, and Versace... and these brands can often be cheaper here than in the USA!
1. Flamingo Plaza: A good all-round mall which offers a good array of general merchandise alongside an extensive duty-free section and some well-known restaurants. Good for getting beach gear and souvenirs alike. Address: Flamingo, Tumben Cuxtal, 91, 77516 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico.
2. Forum by the Sea: If you're looking for name brands you could do worse than Forum by the sea! Here you will find store from Tommy Hilfiger, Gucci, Diesel, and Harley Davidson to name a few! Address: Blvd. Kukulcan km 9, no. 30, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
3. La Isla Shopping Village: One of the most unique malls in the city; La Isla is laid out like an actual village complete with canals, bridges, and boutique lined streets. Worth seeing if only for the photographs, La Isla also has an arcade and aquarium; a full day could be well spent here. Address: Blvd Kukulkan km 12.5, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
4. Kukulcan Plaza: This plaza has more than 300 shops as well as restaurants, movie theaters, and a bowling alley. Customers benefit from an indoor parking garage, a food court, and a designer section called “The Fashion Gallery”. Address: KM 13 LOCAL 410–A, Blvd. Kukulcan 411, Benito Juárez, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancun
Arts & Crafts
1. Ki Huic Market: This open air market is the oldest crafts emporium in Cancun, and offers guests a taste of Mexican foods alongside the souvenir stores and stands. Address: Av. Tulum 17, Sm. 3, between Bancomer and Bital banks, Cancún, Quintana Roo, 77500
2. Plaza Bonita: Plaza Bonita is designed like a Mexican Village, and houses some of the most unique handicrafts in the city. Well worth a visit even if it is just to look around. Address: Avenida Xel-ha, Lote 1, 77509 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
3. Plaza La Fiesta: Many souvenirs including handicrafts, leather goods, and silver works can be found here in a vibrant and pretty setting. Address: Blvd. Kukulcan, Km 9, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico
Shopping Centers/Flea Markets
1. Mercado 23: Those looking for the authentic Cancun shopping experience should look no further than Mercado 23 where you can find everything from fresh flowers and produce to souvenirs like piñatas and pottery here. A fun day out is guaranteed when you shop at this market! Address: Ciricote 15, Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
2. Plaza Las Americas: This is a little slice of home for some; an Americanized mall with just over 50 stores, restaurants, and movie theatres it also has a video arcade, and some fast food outlets. Address: Av. Tulum 260, Downtown
3. Plaza Caracol: Large and contemporary, Plaza Caracol has around 200 stores including Gucci, Ralph Lauren, and Bally. Address: Kukulkán Kilómetro 8.5, Centro, 77500 Benito Juárez, Q.R., Mexico
4. Paseo Cancun: This mall is found on one of Cancuns busiest streets and can offer you almost anything you might ever need as it has everything from pet stores to restaurants and boutiques. Address: Cancún, Quintana Roo – Av. Andrés Quintana Roo Mz 1, 77507
5. Plaza Mayfair: the first mall in the Hotel Zone, Plaza Mayfair features a Mayan and rainforest design and showcases nightly Mayan dances and music. Address: BLVD. KUKULCN KM 8.5.
6. Coral Negro: Coral Negro can be found in the middle of Cancun’s “Park Centre” where the best clubs and bars can be found. The mall itself offers the usual mix of souvenir stores, restaurants, and clothing stores, but is really set apart by its convenience! Address: Boulevard Kukulkan, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico