When you secure a new job in Cancun at Tafer Hotels & Resorts, a representative from the payroll company will contact you to discuss the necessary procedures involved in getting you on the books. The payroll company will also guide you on the following:

  • IMSS Social security medical cover
  • Visas and permission to work in Mexico, both temporary and permanent resident cards.
  • Renewals and amendments to your immigration status such as temporary to permanent residency, notification of marriages or divorce, change of address etc.

Working Permits for Jobs in Mexico

All foreigners need to have permission to work legally in Mexico and are required to have a temporary or permanent residents card.

  • To apply for your working visa in Mexico the payroll company will need you to provide the following:
  • A copy of your passport (all pages)
  • A copy of your birth certificate
  • Your resume in Spanish (the payroll company can recommend a translator if necessary)
  • Completed and signed migration application forms
  • Proof of address

For a complete list of current requirements, please ask your payroll representative upon hiring.