Working legally in Mexico is not difficult, but does require that you keep up to date with the latest visa requirements. At the time of writing this, entry into Mexico from the countries listed below does not require a visa; however, to be able to stay in the country for more than 180 days and/or to work legally in Mexico, you will need to apply for a working visa PRIOR to arriving to Mexico.

Before Mexico’s immigration laws changed in 2012, it was possible to apply for the residents visas after arriving to Mexico, so beware confusing information regarding work visas in Mexico that you might still find on the internet. Always check official guidelines, such as those provided by the Mexican Foreign Secretary.

Tourist Entry

Citizens from the following countries do not need a visa when visiting Mexico for less than 180 days with no intentions of working. Please note that you will be given a tourist card (FMTTV) upon entry, which you must keep and show on your departure.

Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany,Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Island, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela.

Temporary and Permanent Residents Visas with Working Permissions

For people seeking to live and work in Mexico, you will need to apply for a temporary or permanent residents visa with permission to work. In order to get a visa to work in Mexico, you will need to have a job offer from a legitimate company who can provide all the necessary paperwork to support your immigration application. This process must be started while you are out of the country.

If you are a successful candidate for a job in Mexico with Tafer Hotels & Resorts, the payroll company will contact you to ask for all the necessary Mexico immigration paperwork and guide you through the process, which you will need to carry out at a Mexican consulate in your hometown or in any other country that is not Mexico.

Your immigration application will not be finalized until you arrive in Mexico and present your papers for authorization, which must be done within 30 days of arrival at your local immigration office. After four years with a Temporary Residents Visa, you will be required to apply for a Permanent Residents Visa which you will not need to renewed.

If you are hired by Tafer Hotels & Resort, you should contact the payroll company with any questions.